Friday 13 October 2023

those new cards

 

They should be with me today ......

I`m talking about the new cards i`ve designed to move forward from my previous `russartworx` business cards, which encompassed my work both as a photographer and as an artist. 

Previous cards had my past web address plus a domain-based mailbox for email on the reverse side, so a revamp with up to date information was required. The information this time includes this blog address, social media I use (facebook and twitter / X), a gmail address, contact number, plus an up to date QR code with the main contact details.

The big question for me was ..... what should I use for a front image? 

With literally thousands of images to choose from, I opted to use one particular Kingfisher image from last year. The image is simple, balancing detail with soft depth of field, with colours that punch through. I could have chosen a dramatic shot of one with a fish, or some other completely different subject matter, but I like the balance of this image which, to me, is artistically dynamic.

Because I am no longer officially self employed as a photographer and artist, I needed to simply show that I could be contacted for photography on a casual basis, rather than under my past `russartworx` business. 

So, awaiting delivery today!