Friday 2 February 2024

World Wetlands Day - 2nd February 2024

 


On the day of this post it`s World Wetlands Day - something to be celebrated and reminded about, as wetlands are essential for the health of this planet.

Here in my small corner of the globe, I volunteer for the WWT as part of what I consider as `giving back` for all that I enjoy from nature at my local wetland centre. I`m involved in the Reserve count, data correlation, Centre photography, specific projects (including Kingfisher), visitor engagement, Warden walks and WWT events.

I would like to encourage anybody who has not spent time with nature visiting wetland areas to do so, stop, listen and watch, and soak up the atmosphere - it`s really good for both physical and mental health.

I`ve been a volunteer for 19 years this year, and a wetland centre member for coming up to 33 years, and all I can say is that it`s been a privilege.