Thursday 15 August 2024

Chilling out at the end of the day

FRASIER 


I`m normally on the go in some shape or form all day, from early in the morning (i`m normally a 4.15am/4.30am riser), until late at night - although "I can`t take" late nights, if you know what I mean.

When I do finally sit down, I quite often turn to watching Frasier again on All4 online, the Channel 4 streaming service. With Frasier being one of my very favourite programmes, and having them all on my DVD box sets, just clicking between all the series and episodes online is so easy, and watching these on a tablet just so handy.

If you haven`t watched Frasier before, do so from the beginning - which sets the scene well. Don`t confuse the old series with the new Frasier reboot series, available on Paramount I think, as it is nothing like the original series - best avoid at all costs.


M*A*S*H


Another of my favourite television programmes is M*A*S*H, about a mobile hospital unit set in the Korea war. Like anything else it has it`s `not so good` episodes, but I normally catch it watching in the kitchen on Great TV from 7pm while i`m cooking a meal, washing up, or generally pottering around. With some great actors like Harry Morgan, Jamie Farr, Alan Alda, Gary Burghoff, etc, it`s an excellent comedy drama, with some quite serious moments. 

Frasier and M*A*S*H might be my main "go-to" programmes, but I like many others, including the brilliant Dad`s Army, Michael Palin documentaries, and much more. It`s just finding the time to chill out, put something on, and not to fall asleep during it.