Friday 11 October 2024

Northern lights

 



Last night, the Northern Lights (Aurora) were visible almost all over the world thanks to some recent solar flare activity hitting the Earth.

I needed to get away from street lights, so went to Penclawdd to face north across the Loughor river, and saw the reds and greens of the aurora. The photos I took, at slightly different `wide` angles, and different positions, showed up the mixture of colours and activity in the sky. I opted to use my wide 10-20mm Sigma to get in a lot of the more or less clear sky.

By tonight, there is a large mix of photos taken both across the country, and indeed the world. Some fantastic shots from the aurora in Norway in particular.

Hoping that last night wasn`t the last time for the year, as as I type (Friday evening), the alert level is down to yellow, and the sky quite cloudy. Happy I saw things last night though.