Saturday 12 October 2024

At the WWT desk

 





Good to be at WWT this afternoon, doing a bit of covering at the Information Desk for a few hours, and chatting with a number of visitors along the way. 

As many of you might have gathered by now, WWT Llanelli is one of my happy-places, and after 19 years as a volunteer I still find it a place of refuge in this busy and often troubled world. I`m normally out on the Reserve, but this afternoon I was happy to help with the all-important contact with visitors.

This week hasn`t been easy, with the welfare and then the loss of our tortoiseshell Toffee taking over from most everything else, it`s been a bit difficult to get through. Whether i`m volunteering or even have some time to myself there, WWT Llanelli has been a place to unwind and de-stress. 

I`d just like to thank all the staff and other volunteers there for making it a happy place for both myself and the visitors that come through the Centre doors. It`s good for the mental health, and I feel privileged to be able to visit there both as a member, and continue to help as a volunteer whenever I can.