Tuesday 2 May 2023

Social Media ..... and useful thingies


Having taken the plunge and discontinued my website last year, I decided just to focus on using social media (facebook and twitter), together with my LinkedIN presence and of course this blog.

Well I continue to have a like / dislike view of facebook, and on more than one occasion have been tempted to just close it down, never to surface again. One of the main reasons for this is the use of facebook as a `platform` for rants and general nastiness, seen all too often at some stage during the average week. Why, I really don`t know, except I think some people might feel a bit more powerful hiding behind a keyboard

After weighing up the pros and cons of FB, I decided to plod on with it and try and use it positively. It has been good to come across people I hadn`t seen or heard from for many years, but best to ignore some of the other stuff that goes on..

Twitter I use less often now, and I haven`t bothered with Instagram nor TikTok. There are things to do away from telling the world what they probably don`t want to know about mm anyway, so I use Twitter sparingly.


Away from social media, I tend to use Zoom for video calling, although sometimes Teams or Skype. 

Why am I saying all this? Well i`ll be putting together a new contact card with fresh QR code, etc, so i`ll be streamlining what I use and how I can be contacted. All this soon, so having a think as to what I continue for the future. 

I`m open to any thoughts too, so get in touch if so.

Hopefully i`ll have the new contact card out fairly soon.