Wednesday 4 January 2023

Is there anybody out there? .........

 

The quest for `casual work!:


For those that might follow me on LinkedIN, you might remember I posted a notice last year to say that I was having to give up my self-employment / freelancing, which I carried out both as a photographer and also with a mix of my former practice management and web skills. 

Things reach a point where you no longer get responses enquiries or offers of work, relating in particular to opportunities that I see to help people with work that hasn`t been done, or maybe specific projects. Websites are often well out of date, staff profiles are incomplete, website imaging is poor or the wrong resolution, etc. The list goes on.

After many attempts to offer help on a freelance basis, the lack of work, or even replies,  meant that eventually I had to `bite the bullet` and, unfortunately, stop my self employment.

 With the pandemic also affecting the photography tuition days I had lined up or proposed, it was a difficult decision  to make, but the right thing to do. So unfortunately I finally closed the `russartworx` website, but I have restarted this blog to go alongside my social media. 


So 2023 is now here, and I am available for casual work, based from home. 

The benefits of this to any employer are:

  • there is no `employed staff` overhead, including salary, NI contributions, holiday payment / entitlement, Pension contribution, etc
  • no office software licencing or hardware overhead relating to me
  • no office space used up
  • work can be carried out at an agreed rate and an achievable time
  • projects or work, suitably outsourced, may actually be physically achieved rather than left undone
  • by working from home, and particularly in the evenings, urgent work might be able to be turned around by the following day
  • `News`, whether website or social media, could be kept up to date and not left unattended, subject to login access rights
  • it would be made clear if I was unable to help, so there would be no time wasting

In so far as PHOTOGRAPHY is concerned, I am still able to carry out casual work for private tuition, wildlife photography, business / corporate work, staff and personal profile portraiture (I still have my mobile speedlite setup), and imaging for websites and marketing. 

If you would like to get in touch to discuss anything, I can be emailed at russartworx [@] gmail.com (no brackets or gaps), or messaged via social media. I can of course set up a video call using zoom, Teams or skype, by arrangement.

If you think it`s time to keep on top of your website `shop window` and keep things up to date that aren`t up to date, please get in touch.

In the meantime, I have some personal projects to try take forward. 😀

See you back soon